Wednesday 1 August 2018

I dont allow the producer to shoulder the responsibility alone: Aamir Khan

#AamirKhan says he feel responsible for the film's profit or loss and would not allow the producer to shoulder the responsibility alone.

#instamag-i-dont-allow-producer-to-shoulder-the-responsibility-alone-amir-khan
Aamir interacted with Anjum Rajabali on panel for 'Writer's verses Producers' on Wednesday in Mumbai. 

The 'Taare Zameen Par' actor said it the best business model for an actor to take part of producers responsibility, "Once I have decided that I like the script and want to work on it I take the responsibility that it will not lead to the producers loss. I dont allow the producer to shoulder the responsibility alone. And that is a very important aspect. I think this is the best business model that the star takes part of the responsibility, even practically. Till date no producer I have worked with has paced any losses so then would to work with me more.":

The actor confessed he does not look at it as a business strategy but, "When I am making a film people let me take charge make decisions, they don't question me. When they place that faith in me then how can I let them down. It becomes my responsibility. When 'Lagaan' was financed it was my responsibility. 'Lagaan' was one of the most expensive films of the time and it was also breaking many norms of mainstream Indian cinema at that time."
Talking about the business model that has lead to successful film like '3 idiots' , 'Dangal' Aamir said, "The point was all of the people who have invested whether producer, financier, distributor, sub distributor or exhibitor, all the line should earn money. Only then will the business prosper. I follow the old norms of performing arts. After performing on the street you would walk around with a hat to collect money if they liked it. Some would give and some wouldn't and that is ny model exactly."

 "When everyone is paid and all the costs are recovered, I recover percentage in profits. If the film doesn't work then I wont get the profits but others wont be at loss. I feel responsible and that's why I follow this." 

Aamir Khan will next appear in multi starrer ‘Thug of Hindustan’ directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya. 

The fantasy film will also star Amitabh Bachchan, Katrina Kaif, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Shashank Arora and Jackie Shroff.

Produced by Yash Raj Films the film is slated to release in Nov 2018.

Source - News Helpline
,

No comments:

Post a Comment