Thursday 5 April 2018

It was refreshing to do a film like Blackmail says Kirti Kulhari

Actress #KirtiKulhari who is busy promoting her upcoming film #Blackmail has said that it was refreshing for her to do a film like ‘Blackmail’.

it-was-refreshing-to-do-film-like-blackmail
Kirti Kulhari interacted with media to promote ‘Blackmail’ on Wednesday in Mumbai.

When asked Kirti what prompted her do ‘Blackmail’ she said, “I haven’t done a comedy in a while and it’s not that I am doing comedy in the film but it’s just interesting to come back to sense of comedy timing. It’s different.. the way comedy films are treated as compared to serious films and I have done too much serious stuff with ‘Pink’ and  ‘Indu Sarkar’ so it was very refreshing for me to do something like ‘Blackmail’ where way of acting, delivering dialogues is different and timing of things is so important that’s why I agreed to ‘Blackmail’.

When asked Kirti what helps an actor to get more work  - box office success of a film or good performance ,she said, “It’s both actually.. but numbers always helps. I think more than the performance but it also depends. There are some people in the industry to whom what matters is how good the actor is but to other people it doesn’t matter what matters to them how much money did the film made and what kind of market this particular actor has so, both the things matters but in different degrees to different people. Having said that, if I have performed brilliantly and my film doesn’t do well at the box-office, it does reduce the chances of me getting good and more work so I am hoping that ‘Blackmail’ does well at the box-office.”
Kriti Kulhari has worked in different films like ‘Khichadi’ ‘Jal’ ‘Pink, Indu ‘Sarkar’ and now she is doing a comedy film ‘Blackmail, so when asked whether it’s a conscious form her side, she said, “It’s very conscious. It’s not something that happens by chance to me. I have to very consciously choose the kind of work I want to do. I don’t care about the image I have. What matters to me is that with every film, I am growing more and more as an actor, pushing and challenging myself that’s what I look for and upon that my choices are based”

Kirti next will be seen in Amazon Prime Videos series ‘ 4 More Shorts Please’,  which is inspired by ‘Sex and The City’, talking about it, Kirti said,  “The series is titled ‘4 More Shorts Please’. It’s about 4 girls from South Bombay. It’s about their bonding, friendship, madness as individuals and the stuff they are going through in their professional, love and sex life so it’s a fun show. Its 4 girls coming together and that’s we are finishing in next 10 days. It will be out may be towards end of this year.”

Talking about her future projects, Kirti said, “I have film called ‘Uri’ in which I am working with Vicky Kaushal, Yami Gautam and Paresh Rawal. Ts based on surgical strike and I am playing army officer in the film who is a pilot so I am shooting for that at the end of May-June and I am going to train for that as well. I have another film called 50-50, it’s a working title. It is directed by Ashiwini Chaudhary and in that, I am working with Randeep Hooda and Shreyas Talpade in which I am playing a bar dancer and I have one short film called ‘Maya’ which is going to come out very soon”

When asked about her wish list when it comes to working with directors and actors, Kirti said, “I have bunch of directors in my mind. There is Zoya Akhtar for sure apart from that, there is Vikramaditya Motwane, Shimit Amin and Rajkumar Hirani.”

As far as actors are concerned, Ranbir Kapoor is always there. I did an ad with him but I would love to work with him again.”

In ‘Blackmail’, Irrfan is married to Kriti Kulhari's character but discovers she is sleeping with Arunoday Singh's character. Instead of opting for the more generic route of murder or divorce, the protagonist decides to blackmail the wife's lover for money.

Blackmail features Irrfan Khan, Kirti Kulhari, Divya Dutta, Arunoday Singh, Omi Vaidya, Anuja Sathe, Pradhuman Singh Mall and Gajraj Rao. It is produced by T-Series' Bhushan Kumar and Deo's RDP Motion Pictures.

Blackmail is slated to release on 6th April, 2018.

Source - News Helpline
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment