Thursday 5 April 2018

Loksabha MP Shatrughan Sinha on Shahid Afridi’s remarks on India

Actor and Politician #ShatrughanSinha has said that our country is moving in the right direction.

loksabha-mp-shatrughan-sinha-on-shahid-afridis-remarks
Shatrughan Sinha was interacting with media when he inaugurated Sangeeta Babani’s painting exhibition titled ‘Many Paths – One Destination’ on Wednesday in Mumbai.

On 3rd April, Pakistani cricketer Shahid Afridi made remarks urging the United Nations (UN) to intervene in ‘Indian Occupied Kashmir’ to stop the killing of ‘innocents’ via his tweet, reacting to his allegation on India, Loksabha MP Shatrughan Sinha said, “It is not right to politicize this issue. If anywhere, there are human rights violations and bloodshed in the world or especially in our country, then it is our responsibility to minimize and prevent it. It will lot depend on our will power and I am sure our government has that kind of will power and they are working on it and they have worked on it earlier as well which has been appreciated. I think we are moving in the right direction.”
Talking about Sangeeta Babani’s painting exhibition ‘Many Paths - One Destination’, Sinha said, “I think it is very proud moment for Sangeeta Babani to showcase her painting exhibition at Jehangir Art Gallery because it not easy for an artist to take appointment here to showcase their exhibition at this well known place. It has some beautiful collection of paintings.  I am very happy and grateful to Sangeeta for inviting me on her special day.”

When asked Sinha whether he has inclination towards painting, he said, “I don’t know how to do painting. When I used to study that time also, I wasn’t able to paint for my assignments but people tell me that I have very artistic signature. I am artistic person by heart. I am fond of art and culture be it painting, singing etc. Arts and culture is my first love rather than politics that is why I keep coming on such platforms. My daughter Sonkashi and some friends paint really well but I can say that I am huge admirer of art even if I am not able to do it but I always make an effort to praise people who have inclination towards it”.

Yesterday, top Indian cricketers, including captain Virat Kohli, led the charge against Afridi for his remarks on Kashmir.

Kohli stressed that he could "never support" anything that harms Indian interests.

"As an Indian you want to express what is best for your nation and my interests are always for the benefit of our nation. If anything opposes it, I would never support it for sure," he said.

"But having said that, it's a very personal choice for someone to comment about certain issues. Unless I have total knowledge of the issues and the intricacies of it I don't engage in it but definitely your priority stays with your nation," he added.

Former captain Kapil Dev wondered why Afridi was being given importance.

"Who is he? Why are we giving importance to him? We should not be giving importance to certain people," he said.

Source - News Helpline

No comments:

Post a Comment