Tuesday 24 April 2018

'Sanju' is not an acting gig for me: Ranbir Kapoor

#RanbirKapoor while talking about portraying his icon in the biopic said, this film is not an acting gig for him, but an opportunity.

sanju-is-not-acting-gig-for-me-ranbir-kapoor
Ranbir along with Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Raju Hirani was present at the teaser launch of 'Sanju', the Sanjay Dutt biopic on Tuesday.

After knowing Sanjay Dutt for all his life when asked if he made special observations to portray the character he said, "I have always been a Sanjay Dutt fan, for me, it was a fan trying to play his icon. so I think the hardest thing I did was give myself the confidence that I can play this man. When Raju sir told me about this film I didn't have the confidence because I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. I don't have the courage; don't have the understanding or the acting chops to do it. 

This is not an acting gig for me. I haven't tried to show goof acting bad acting or showcase my talent. I think it was just the opportunity to be part of a story of a person who I consider to be my icon.

When asked out of the 6 chapters of Sanju's life, which one was difficult to portray, Kapoor said, "The difficult one was which id dint expect was the young Sanju, because there were a lot of facets that we had to show first the drugs then coming out of it, then his mother's death and the most fun was Munna Bhai's phase and I enjoyed doing it. 
The film's director Raju Hirani was asked if any parts of the film have been fictionalized, he said, "I don't think we have added fiction but sometimes you do need to dramatize some things. We only know the situation we don't always know the dialogues that happened between them so when you know its funny we have to add in the funny dialogues. In the entire film, we have tried our best to base the film on fact."

Directed by Rajkumar Hirani and produced by  Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Sanju stars, Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma, Paresh Rawal, Sonam Kapoor, Dia Mirza, Tabu and many more.

Present by Fox Star Studios the film will release on 29th June 2018.

Source - News Helpline
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment