Monday 14 May 2018

Don’t know why people liked my work in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak: Aamir Khan

#AamirKhan graced the 30th Anniversary Celebration Special Screening of his debut film #QayamatSeQayamatTak here in Mumbai. During his media interaction, Aamir Khan said he has no idea why people liked him in the film.

dont-know-why-people-liked-my-work-in-qsqt-aamir-khan
Mansoor Khan and Aamir Khan along with his entire cast and crew from his debut film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” hosted a special screening to clock 30 years in Industry.

Talking about the film Aamir Khan praised Juhi Chawla for her work but said he was convinced people will hate his work, “When I look at my work, I don’t like it. I start thinking that this could have been much better and when I was this film, I loved Juhi Chawla’s work I think she was fantastic. I was very raw, I did some scene Okay, some I didn’t do well, I fumbled through.

“I didn’t like my own work. I was convinced that once this movie releases, people will love Juhi but won’t like mine, as I didn’t like my work. But I don’t know why people liked my work. I am serious, I am not joking. I was not happy with my work, I am still not happy with it, If I could reshoot it, I would!”

Actors like Dalip Tahil, Rajendranath Zutshi, Makarand Deshpande and Asha Sharma, along with Kiran Rao, Aamir’s son Junaid, ex-wife Reena Dutta and brother Faisal Khan were present at the special screening.

Aamir Khan also shared an interesting Trivia about the climax of the film, where tragically both the main character dies, hence creating a Romeo and Juliet premise.

He said, “First thing we shot was the ending. And we shot alternate ending. Nasir sir told us to shoot both the ending of the film, happy and sad. The first part we shot in Ooty, we’re roaming around in the jungles and shooting the climax. So I was convinced, even Nuzhat and Mansoor were convinced about the tragic end”
The film fetched National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment and eight Filmfare Awards from eleven nominations including Best Film, and Best Director for Mansoor Khan.

Currently, Aamir Khan is shooting for Thugs of Hindostan, which also stars Amitabh Bachchan, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Shaikh in the lead roles.
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment