Saturday 19 May 2018

Bhumi Pednekar –Want to Break New Boundaries

After breaking the taboo about “hygiene” in “Toilet Ek Prem Katha”, actress #BhumiPednekar handles the love’s various shades in urban India in #LustStories says she wants to break newer boundaries.

bhumi-pednekar-want-to-break-new-boundaries
The first trailer for Netflix’s Lust Stories was launched yesterday. The venture unites India’s biggest directors - Anurag Kashyap, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee and Karan Johar - for a truly international anthology film.

Bhumi Pednekar features in Zoya Akhtar’s segment and talks about her experience. She said, “When I got a call from Zoya Akhtar, I was literally jumping in my bed because she was on my wish-list for the longest time. I was so excited and when she shared the story with me, I was like, oh my god, I have to do this because I am constantly looking for newer characters, newer stories, newer emotions to fell, newer boundaries to break and the story did it all for me”

“It speaks about so many biases that we have and we don’t even know they exist. We just look through them and walk on with life, and Zoya in her own sweet and nice manner along with the story has highlighted that”

This is first-time Actress Bhumi Pednekar will feature on digital platform Netflix. Talking about reaching the audience far and beyond, she said, “As actors and filmmakers, we want our stories to reach as many people as possible, and Netflix is one of such platforms. I think the digital audience is braver and more accepting towards new content. They are looking for new stories."

The film "Lust Stories" will release on June 15.
Apart from Netflix project, Bhumi Pednekar is also part of Sonchiraiya, which is an upcoming dacoit drama film, directed by Abhishek Chaubey and also starring Sushant Singh Rajput, Manoj Bajpayee, Ranvir Shorey and Ashutosh Rana. The film presents a rooted tale set in Chambal.

Source - News Helpline
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment