Saturday 14 April 2018

Rajkummar Rao should have been awarded for his performance says Amit Masurkar

Newton director #AmitMasurkar said he feels #RajkummarRao deserved an award for his performance in films like Newton,‘Trapped’ and ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’.

rajkummar-rao-should-have-been-awarded-for-his-performance
Abhjit Masurkar interacted with along with actor Krishna Singh Bisht, co-writer of ‘Newton’ Mayank Tiwari and music composer Naren Chandavarkar after the announcement of 65th National film awards on Friday in Mumbai.

When asked Masurkar does he think that lead actor of ‘Newton’ Rajkummar Rao should have won some award at 65th National film awards, he said, “I definitely think Rajkummar (Rao) should have been awarded something. He has done a brilliant job not just in ‘Newton’ but also other films like ‘Trapped’ and ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’. He has done a lot of good work last year and it would have been great if also had gotten some award.”

Sharing his feeling after winning prestigious award of the country, Masurkar said, “It feels very good. We are very happy that ‘Newton’ got best Hindi film award. I want to thank audience jury and the whole team of ‘Newton’ for their love and support to our film. I am sure that we will be inspired to make more films the way we want to make after winning this award.

‘Newton’ was also India’s official entry for Oscar award last year but the film wasn’t able to win award at that platform so when asked Masurkar he still have any regrets of not winning an award at Oscars, he said, “In Oscar awards, countries from all over the world send their best film so there is tough competition. We tried but we weren’t able to win there but we are happy that we reached that platform.”

 After first declared as India’s official entry at Oscar awards  ‘Newton’ now received honor of best Hindi films at 65th National film awards so when asked Masurkar whether he is feeling pressure of expectation with his upcoming projects, he said,  “I don’t feel any kind of pressure as such because I enjoy my work. I always wanted to make films so I don’t take it as my responsibility but I take it as a gift. I am happy in the fact that people who work with believe in me and want to work with me which is a big thing for me.”
Actor Pankaj Tripathi, who was part of ‘Newton’ also won a Special Mention for his performance at the 65th National Film Awards.

Produced by Manish Mundra and starring Rajkummar Rao, the film revolves around a young government clerk, who is sent on election duty to a Maoist-controlled town. It portrays how the ideological struggle puts him in an awkward situation.

The film was shot in the interiors of Chhattisgarh.

Source - News Helpline
,

No comments:

Post a Comment