Saturday 14 April 2018

I detest biopics says Sujoy Ghosh

Acclaimed filmmaker #SujoyGhosh who is known for making some brilliant thrillers has said that he detests biopics.

i-detest-biopics-says-sujoy-ghosh
Sujoy Ghosh was interacting with media at promotional press conference for his upcoming series of short features ‘3 Paheliyan’ along with lead cast Vikrant Massey, Surveen Chawla, Tina Desai and Kunal Roy Kapoor on Friday in Mumbai.

Nowadays, there is sort of trend of making biopic on famous people’s life so when asked Sujoy whether he will interested in making biopic in future, he said, “No.. I hate biopics. I absolutely hate biopics. I will never touch a biopic because I am happy with what Vikrant (Massey) is and what is work is. I don’t want to know what he does in his personal life and how he came up here in this industry. I don’t have any kind of interest in that and what matters to me is the work of that person and this is my personal opinion and I could be completely wrong but I detest biopics”

Talking about his working experience with lead cast of ‘3 Paheliyan’, Sujoy said, “There are characters in a script and for that you need to form a visual and for that, you need an actor with acting capabilities and I feel actors are the persons who actually makes the film. I wrote it at certain level but they all took at very higher level. Filmmaking is a joint art as all of us have to work together to make a film and it is possible when you have that energy, feeling and happiness then you see something good onscreen so when I worked with these people I just had great time”
Talking about making process of ‘3 paheliyan’, Sujoy said, “These ‘Paheliyan’ (riddles) audience have to solve. ‘Paheliayan’ is just a name but I think most of the time we all run after the stories to say and we felt that these stories needed about an hour to say and nothing better than a television to present these stories and that’s what we are excited about. ‘Kahaani’ (2012) needed two hours to present its story but these stories specifically made for audience which is quiet broad so it was quite a challenge to cater all of them with different taste and needs. I think television is far more challenging space than film and thankfully I had all my warriors (actors) beside me who I think has won the battle”

‘3 Paheliyan’ series of telefilms will be full of unanticipated turns and twists, a signature of Ghosh’s style of film-making and will be aired during the festive season later this year on Star Plus.

Source - News Helpline
,

No comments:

Post a Comment