Monday 9 April 2018

Will not compromise anything just for the sake of commercial pressure: Shoojit Sircar

#ShoojitSircar after October will be venturing into a period drama biopic based on revolutionary Udham Singh. He said he will not compromise anything just for the sake of commercial pressure.

will-not-compromise-anything-just-for-sake
Shoojit was spotted at October promotional press junket with Varun Dhawan and Banita Sandhu here in Mumbai.

Bollywood recently saw controversies related to period drama films that included Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone starrer 'Padmaavat' and then Kangana Ranaut's 'Manikarnika'.

When asked if he is nervous about making a periodic drama after the previous controversies he said, "As a responsible filmmaker, I will take care of whatever needs to be done. something Bollywood takes unnecessary advantage of the situation as a filmmaker, so I will not compromise anything just for the sake of commercial pressure I will be as genuine as it comes.

I will only take the liberty of what I can authenticate as that person but not the liberty to sell that film."
Talking about his filmmaking philosophy Shoojit said, "It's up to you what you want to cook and present it to the audience. I am not there to cater to the audience's taste I am here to cater to my taste and if they want to taste my cooked food then I am happy with it."

Currently, Shoojit is promoting his movie 'October' that has stars Varun Dhawan and Banita Sandhu in the lead. The film produced by Ronnie Lahiri and Sheel Kumar .

'October' written by Juhi Chaturvedi and presented under Rising Sun Films banner is scheduled to release on April 13.

Source - News Helpline
,

No comments:

Post a Comment