Thursday 23 August 2018

I had to master the art to convince people that I am a real 'masterji' :Varun Dhawan

#VarunDhawan gearing up for upcoming entertainer #SuiDhaaga - Made in India", says that he wanted to convince people that he is a real masterji and practiced for months. 

#instamag-i-had-to-master-art-to-convince-people-that-i-am-a-real-masterji-varun-dhawan
Varun 's character is named Mauji is tailor in the movie, along side Anushka Sharma. While talking about preparing for the role he said in a statement, "I knew that I had a task at hand. I knew I had to master the art to convince people that I am a real 'masterji'. Darshan (the costume designer) and Noor bhai (the tailor on the sets) helped me a lot and I gave it three months to learn this skill.

As an actor, I like to get challenged to become someone else on-screen,"
He says the experience of learning how to tailor wasn't easy at all. "It was frustrating because initially I wasn't getting it right. The needle pierced by fingers multiple times. (But) I'm so glad that I went through the drill because I have picked up a new skill in the process.

The "October" actor said he is now very comfortable on the sewing machine,  "It took me 3 months... Sometimes 2 hours and sometimes 4 hours in each tailoring class to get the confidence that I could pull this off in front of camera,"   

"Sui Dhaaga" brings together National Award winning producer-director combo of Maneesh Sharma and Sharat Katariya after their blockbuster "Dum Laga Ke Haisha". The film is a special salute to the inherent entrepreneurial spirit that the youth of India and the country's local artisans have.

Directed by Sharat Kataria the film stars Varun Dhawan as a tailor and Anushka Sharma as an embroidery craftswoman.  

Produced by Maneesh Sharma and presented by Yash Raj Films, "Sui Dhaaga" will release on September 28.

Source - News Helpline
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment