Monday 7 May 2018

Shibani Kashyap on recreating ‘Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh’

Singer #ShibaniKashyap has recently recreated a song titled #AjeebDastaanHaiYeh (Film: Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai) which was originally sung by Lata Mangeshkar. Shibani has said that it’s a challenge to sing a song which is sung by Lata Mangeshkar.

shibani-kashyap-on-recreating-ajeeb-dastaan-hai-yeh
Shibani was interacting with media at magazine photoshoot on Monday in Mumbai.

Talking about her latest song ‘Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh’, Shibani said, “It’s a special way that I did this song, I jazzed it up because I really like Jazz music. I feel when you fuse Jazz and old Bollywood nostalgic music, somehow its creates beautiful and magical impact. I have used saxophone, piano, drums and base in the song and little sound of rain in the beginning of the song. Now rain will arrive in Mumbai and I think this song is apt to listen in the season of monsoon because it makes you feel like you are sitting in rain shower.”

“It’s a beautiful melody and for me, it’s like a beautiful tribute to greats like Shankar-Jaikishan ji and Lata ji (Mangeshkar). I hope she hears the song and she likes it. It’s a challenge to sing a song which is by the great nightingale and the goddess Lata ji so, it’s more like a tribute to old nostalgia on this platform called ‘Old is Gold’. I want to thank Mika Singh and his venture Music and Sound who has created this platform along with Sa Re Ga Ma HMV”

 Talking about preparation of the song, Shibani said, “Something just happened very instantly. I think things which come very spontaneously to you gives beautiful result because it just seems like magic as magic also happens instantly. When I though t of the song that time, I was sitting with my musicians jamming with them then, we got into the studio and within six and half hours, we were done with the song. The only thing which little bit of time was mixing and mastering, which is a technical thing and for saxophone, we called an artists from New York and for piano, we called pianist from Austria that’s how we completed the song. It was just matter of the week and we were ready with the audio”

‘Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh’ is a recreation for singer Mika Singh’s YouTube project ‘Old is Gold’, sharing her experience working with Mika Singh on the song, Shibain said, “The property ‘Gold is Gold’ is being created by Mika Singh and he has collaborated with many artists through this venture. I am most excited about the duet that I have sung with him which is going to release really soon. We have finished recording and shooting of that song. It’s an old and beautiful song. The song is ‘Yeh Kya Jagah Hain Dosto’ from Umrao Jaan. The song is expected to be out in a month or two. It’s in a different zone and it’s more of a gazal in very loungish kind of fashion but again, we have tried to keep it modern. I hope audience will like it because it’s very different rendition from the original.”
Sharing her feeling on winning Dadasaheb Phalke international Film Festival Award, Shibain said, “I recently won Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award. It’s a huge honor for me where I shared the stage with Daljeet Dosanjh, Meet Brothers, Meghna Mishra and many others so, it really felt like a dream come true because it’s a most coveted award so I am thankful to the jury who decided to give this award to me.”

The antara of ‘Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh’ has been re-written by Shibani and the music given by Ravi Pawar will give a loungy feel to the song. Shibani has also directed the guitars for the song.
,

No comments:

Post a Comment