Sunday 23 September 2018

Petrified of directing a film says Abhishek Bachchan

Actor #AbhishekBachchan, who was last seen in #Manmarziyaan has said that he is petrified of directing a film.

#instamag-petrified-of-directing-film-says-abhishek-bachchan
Abhishek Bachchan was interacting with media at Jagran Cinema Summit 2018 on Friday in Mumbai.

Abhishek Bachchan made his acting debut in JP Dutta’s ‘Refugee’ in 2000 and in the span of 18 years, he has acted in 60 odd films when asked Abhishek whether he has plans to direct a film in future, he said, “I am petrified of directing a film. I have been having tough enough time being an actor. I think direction is completely different discipline. I understand why actors sometime feel creative urge to direct a film but I never felt that till date but I am pretty sure if I want to do down the line then, I will make sure to learn it. I don’t think just because you are an actor so you can become a director. Directing is 360 degree kind of a job where acting is just related to a scene which I am going to do on that day so as of now, I don’t think I can direct a film and if I do then I will make a terrible film.”
In ‘Manmarziyaan’, Abhishek features in a smoking scene which is among the three deleted scenes from the film.

Director Anurag Kashyap has been vocal about expressing anger over deletion of scenes from ‘Manmarziyaan’, which apparently happened without his knowledge. The film's lead actress Taapsee Pannu also slammed the decision.

Reacting on the controversy, Abhishek said, “Each individual is allowed to react the way they have and they want to. It’s their personal opinion. For me, it’s not a big deal. My film isn’t about anyone smoking. I have no problem cutting that out if someone has taken objection to it. The intention of the makers is not to hurt anyone or to upset any community or ruffle any feathers. We just wanted to make a nice love story and that’s what the film is about. If by cutting out one or two shots, it’s going to placate someone and make them feel better, I’ve no problem doing that. If me cutting out three shots which is not impacting my narrative makes you happy, by all means. My intention is not to hurt you or court a controversy. I’m very clear of these things. If they are removed, I’m fine.”

Abhishek Bachchan next will be seen ‘Gulab Jamun’ with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. The two will share screen space after a gap of 8 years as they were last seen in Mani Ratnam's ‘Raavan’ in 2010.

‘Gulab Jamun’ is being produced by Anurag Kashyap.

Source - News Helpline
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment