Tuesday 8 August 2017

Bhumi Pednekar on women empowerment

Actress #Bhumi_Pednekar along with #Akshay_Kumar and Yuva Sena chief, a youth wing of Shiv Sena Aditya Thackeray attended graduation of self defense program for women on Sunday in Mumbai. While interacting with media, Bhumi stated that we as a society need to educate boys that women are not their Jageer (Property).

bhumi-pednekar-on-women-empowerment
Talking about changing mindset of society towards women, Bhumi said, “I am born and brought up in Mumbai. I think when you are born in India, whether its metro city or smaller city problems are same. I belong to fairly modern family but when I used to wear something short in which more of my body part was seen that time my mother used to advice me to cover up my body. I feel we need to educate our boys that women are not their jageer (property). In small cities, there male supremacy mentality that we have to change which is only possible through education and knowledge.”
“We don’t have good examples in our society.  Through years I seen women being tortured, beaten up, raped and molested which very disgusting and frustrating. We have seen our father manhandling our mothers so it’s really sad and I feel parents should also need to take onus upon themselves to educate their children that’s when we will see the change and off course, just like Akshay sir said prevention will also play important part in empowering women so its combination of these things.”

She added, “I really want to congratulate Akshay sir and Aditya for starting such great initiative. After hearing so much inspirational stories now I am feeling inspired so now if I get a chance I would like to come and join this initiative and learn self-defense as well”.

Bhumi is gearing up for the release of Toilet – Ek Prem Katha in which she starred opposite Akshy Kumar. It is releasing on 11 August. Apart from that, she is also paired opposite Ayushmann Khurrana in Shubh Mangal Savdhan which is releasing on 1 Setember.

Source - News Helpline
, , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment