Thursday 20 July 2017

Shraddha Kapoor, Radhika Apte attends special screening of Lipstick Under my Burkha

Makers of #LipstickUnderMyBurkha hosted a special screening of Lipstick Under my Burkha on Wednesday in Mumbai. Bollywood celebrities like #Shraddha_Kapoor, #Radhika_Apte, #Mona_Singh and Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari attended the film screening.

special-screening-of-lipstick-under-my-burkha
Here is what they said at the screening:

Radhika Apte : I don’t go watch a film with any particular expectations. I think you need to go with an open heart and mind to experience the film so I am here so let’s see what we get out of this.
Talking about her future projects, Radhika said, “I am doing a film called Bazaar and I am doing another film with Sriram Raghavan”.

Radhika also commented on film like Indu Sarkar being soft target of politicians and religious groups , she said, “I feel we have freedom of expression and it is an art form”.

Recently, Nawazuddin Siddiqui tweeted about racist attitude of people in society and in film Industry, commenting on that Radhika said, “I haven’t aware about that issue but I am pretty sure that Nawaz and I both are not concerned about this”.
Mona Singh – There are very few movies like this and we should support such films. Lipstick has become a movement where not only women but men are going all out and posting pictures with lipstick and talking about women rights and equality.

Mona also commented on bold women centric films are creating lot of controversy like Lipstick Under My Burkha, Mona said, “It is very sensitive issue. When you make a women-centric film which has very strong opinions so I feel some sort of debate will spark off. I feel debate starts for a good reason when a movement gets starts. It’s a good thing that such movies are still being made. If this movie wasn’t good then it wouldn’t have won 11 awards so I am very happy that it is releasing in India and we all are here to celebrate lipstick”.

Shraddha Kapoor – I am very excited to see the film. I have heard really nice things about the film from people who have seen it. Balaji (motion pictures) is presenting the film so I am very glad that they have chose this kind of subject and I am looking forward to it and I hope more film should be made which inspires people because I feel when you can inspire somebody then it’s a really big thing”.

Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari - I am very excited to watch the film for two reasons first is, because it’s a bold attempt to talk about a subject like this which always has been under cover and second the most important thing is that it is about various types of women and I feel we should be rejoicing whole attitude of women in our country much more so this is about celebrating women hood so for that we should promote Lipstick Under My Burkha. This film will have good word of mouth publicity may be people will watch it separately but they will definitely watch the film.

Ashwiny also talked about response she is getting for her film Bareilly Ki Barfi trailer, she said, “It’s a very nice feeling. This film is made from heart so if this film will connect with the audience then I will be really happy but now people will decide fate of this film”.

The film stars Konkona Sen Sharma, Plabita Borthakur, Ratna Pathak Shah, Aahana Kumra in lead roles. It is directed by Alankrita Srivastava and produced by Prakash Jha.

It is releasing on 21 July, 2017.

Source - News Helpline
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment