Wednesday 19 July 2017

Shraddha's emotionally challenging experience

Actress #Shraddha_Kapoor says playing the title role in #Haseena_Parkar, based on underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's sister, has been an emotionally challenging experience for her.

shraddhas-emotionally-challenging-experience
At the trailer launch of the upcoming film on Tuesday here, she said: "It's difficult for me to express my experience in words for 'Haseena Parkar'. This has been a very exciting and challenging role for me. To play a role of such a strong person... for this true story, it has been a very emotionally challenging experience." 

Explaining why she played the title role, Shraddha said: "When I heard the story and the script of the film, at first I was scared of the challenge. But it was Haseena's story and everything that happened in her life... made me so interested in the film." 
"To be able to play such a real life strong character was huge. I loved the story, I loved the script," said the "Half Girlfriend" actress. 

"If my director thinks I can do it, then I have to trust him. That's how I took this role," she added. The film is helmed by Apoorva Lakhia.

Lakhia was also present for the trailer launch, and he couldn't stop praising Shraddha.

"When I wanted to approach Shraddha for this role, people said she won't be interested in this role. But I wanted to meet her. The advantage of having her is that I personally think she is one of the finest talents in our country right now," he said.

"I think she is amazing. When I started working with her, I realised how easy it is for someone to become her fan. She is really hard working. She gives her best," he added.

Lakhia, who has directed another crime film - "Shootout at Lokhandwala", spoke about why he chose Haseena's story for a film. 

"I had met Haseena Parkar the first time to know more about Dawood Ibrahim. She told us about how he was as a kid and how they grew up. But when her story unfolded in front of me, I told her I wanted to make a film on her instead," he said. 

"At first she was little sceptical because she is a very private person. Later on, when she agreed, I started spending time with her to know more for almost a year and half," Lakhia said. 

"When you are making a film on someone whose brother is so well-known, it is very important to get the other side of the story from the police also," added the director. 

The film is set to release on August 18.
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment