Friday 11 November 2016

Vir Das inspired by Joker for 'Raakh' role

He usually makes the audience laugh, but for short film "Raakh", #Vir_Das took on a serious avatar and says he found inspiration for the role from the famous "Batman" character Joker.

vir-das-inspired-by-joker-for-raakh-role
"Raakh" is a short film directed by Milap Zaveri. It also features Richa Chadha and Shaad Randhawa in a tale of vengeance.

For his negative role, Vir had been watching movies and exploring all possible material. 

Talking about it, Vir said in a statement: "I think this was tough for me, not because I was concerned if I could pull off a role unlike what I have done before, but simply to make sure the audience who is used to seeing me do comedy, should be convinced that I can display a range as an actor.

"Hannibal and Joker from 'Batman; series are two characters I absolutely loved for their ease of portrayal as the bad and anti-hero. Just their conviction on screen when I saw them, was enough to draw inspiration from them for 'Raakh'."

No comments:

Post a Comment