Monday 24 July 2017

My Character in the ‘Gurgaon’ is very aspirational says Ragini Khanna

Television actress #Ragini_Khanna who is now working in Gurgaon interacted with media ahead release of her film in Mumbai. While interacting with media, she stated that her character in the Gurgaon is very aspirational.

my-character-in-gurgaon-is-very-aspirational-ragini-khanna
Talking about her character in the film, Ragini said, “My character name in the film is Preet. She has come from Paris after finishing her studies in architecture. I am playing daughter of Pankaj Tripathi in the film. It’s a story about dark side of the family who are into real estate business set in Delhi. My character Preet is very aspirational girl. She wants to make positive changes in the society. She wants to preserve water and forest conserves but this is the only character in the film who doesn’t express her view point in her family.

Talking about preparation she did for this role, she said, “It was challenging role for me because I am a Mumbai girl so to play a character of girl from Gurgaon, I watched lot of Hariyanavi films and songs to understand the appearance, accent and body language of the local females and accordingly I approached my role in the film”.

Bollywood stalwarts like Amitabh Bachchan, Ranveer Singh, Ayushmann Khurrana, Irrfan Khan is twitting about Gurgaon, so when asked about her reaction about the same, Ragini said, “I am honored that Mr. Bachchan, Ranveer Singh, Irrfan Khan, Ayushmann Khurrana and my friends from television fraternity are praising and tweeting about my film I am feeling really happy and loved from their kind gestures”.
When asked her whether she will do Television after entering into movies, she said, “Television is my first love. Whatever I am today is only because of television so I don’t think I won’t work in television because I made my image by doing television so I will not stop doing television but I also want to work in theatre, films and television in future at the same time.” 

Talking about nepotism in the industry as she belong to filmy background, Ragini said, “In our family, we all have worked so hard I feel acting is prime importance in this profession. I never used to take advantage of filmy background while giving auditions because I feel if you have talent and you are ready to do hard work then you don’t need any kind of recommendation in the any industry. Nawazuddin, Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan Khan is the best examples of sustaining in this industry with their talent and hard work.

Gurgaon tells the story of Kehri Singh, a real estate baron, who runs his business Preet Real Estate in his daughter's name. She is his lucky charm. Kehri Singh's oldest son Nikki Singh is often sidelined by his father as a good for nothing, who only brings bad luck. Driven by his need to pay off a large debt to a local bookie, Nikki Singh sets off a chilling chain of events, that unwittingly force his cold-blooded father to confront his buried past.

Gurgaon, starring Akshay Oberoi, Ragini Khanna and Pankaj Tripathi, is the directorial debut of National Award winning cinematographer Shanker Raman. It is releasing on 4th August, 2017.

Source - News Helpline
,

No comments:

Post a Comment