Wednesday 29 November 2017

Miss World Manushi Chillar On Padmavati Row

#ManushiChillar, who won the #Miss_World_2017 title recently returned to the city a few days ago. The beautiful lady was snapped at a press conference today in the city. During her media interaction she expressed her views on Padmavati controversy, she said, we should make women confident.

instamag-news-miss-world-manushi-chillar-on-padmavati-row
“I think there is one thing that all Indian women have in common is that we don’t feel persecuted for who we are and we actually face our challenges head on. And I think that is what we need to do; we need to be confident about who we are. Definitely we will face a lot of limitations and sometimes we do feel that it is not a very women friendly society but as individuals we should just set an example and make women feel confident that you can do amazing things as well” said Manushi Chillar, when asked about Deepika Padukone facing death threats for Padmavati.

As part of the Miss World competition, contestants were supposed to perform dances from their respective countries. A part of the first few rounds, the contestants are seen introducing themselves and then performing a dance that represents their country.
Manushi chose to dance to Nagada Sang Dhol Baje from Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela. It was Deepika Padukone, a very talented dancer herself, on whom this song was originally picturised.

“Dances of the world is my favorite segment of Miss World finale because every country gets to show, every continent this year got to show their culture and I thought I would like show the celebration of India and everyone connects India to Bollywood, so that is why I choose Nagada. It was a very fun song and it was the first time I’d learnt a little bit of Garba,  so I am happy that I could do that and every time in rehearsal that song use to come up, all the girls use to stand up and dance to it. I am happy that in that way I could bring India in front of the world” said Manushi about choosing the song.

The medical student from Haryana said she loves to read books but would like to work with Aamir Khan and former Miss World Priyanka Chopra is her favourite.

I read a lot of books and I think all the actors and actress are beautiful so I won’t be able to pick one but definitely I would like to work in Aamir Khan’s movie because  I think he has some really challenging roles that he gives you. At the same time, his movies have a message and a connect to the society. So it’ll be very interesting to do. In the actresses, my favourite is Priyanka Chopra," she told reporters here. 

Source - News Helpline
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment