Monday 3 July 2017

Paul McCartney has stopped drinking alcohol before performing

The Beatles star #Paul_McCartney says he has stopped drinking alcohol before performing because he would otherwise forget the words to his songs.

paul-mccartney-has-stopped-drinking-alcohol
After saying no to alcohol, the music legend says he relies on a handful of chocolate raisins and salted cashew nuts to get him into the zone before going on stage, reports express.co.uk. 

Asked if he enjoys a drink to calm his nerves prior to gigs, McCartney said: "No. I used to try that, particularly in the early days of Wings when we would tour. But it didn't work. I would just forget the lyrics."

He says his bandmates do have "red wine" before shows.
McCartney added: "I don't eat or drink before I go on because I sort of like to feel light. Then afterwards I can get heavy and have a drink. But before I go on I don't do that. I do have little sort of snacky things in the dressing room that I might just grab like chocolate covered raisins and equal amounts of salted cashews."

No comments:

Post a Comment