Saturday 6 May 2017

When 'Arth' blew Vidya's mind

Actress #Vidya_Balan, known for portraying strong willed characters, reminisced the moment when she watched the 1982 film #Arth, starring Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil. She "just fell in love" with it.

when-arth-blew-vidyas-mind
"I was in the middle of my 12th exams. I had a history exam and I was really not interested in the exam and happened to switch on the TV. I saw 'Arth' and just fell in love with what I saw. 

"I loved the fact that this woman in the end of the film walked away saying 'What if I was the one who had done this, would you have accepted me?' He says 'No'. And she walks away. That blew my mind. I have never seen that," Vidya said on the CNN-News18's show "Virtuosity". 

The film's actresses Shabana and Smita "completely blew" her mind as well. 
"In one viewing, I knew the dialogues of the films. I knew moments from the films so while I was studying I would go up to my friend's terrace and study... sometimes in the open, but what actually I was doing there was enacting scenes from 'Arth'," she added.

The episode, featuring Vidya, will be aired on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment